Monday, August 25, 2008

The Moment

Much time has passed since this entry and the last...

For firsts...The woman, the angel that perused me...

She's dead.

Second: It seems that this death of this angel, is the changing point of my life.

I say this because I am afraid. As much as I deny it, I am afraid. Not for myself, but for my family.

In the past, I knew that the Coven was small and few, but now, we are vast with many that carries our name with pride and well, when I first came here, I remembered saying...Remembered saying I was part of the new generation...the next leaders...

And here I am. The Light Binder of the Coven, not even two months of being in this place. Change happens so fast here...nothing is the same... And now... Change is happening again.

Arcann is leaving...Kaya, his wife, I presume will follow in his wake..Gloriana, the woman that I thought to be my role model, she has stepped down from Storm Bringer...

Dear god; there is so many elders falling away...Dear god... I have to be strong. I have to be...

I don't want to be...I don't want to be strong... I don't want to... I'm so afraid. I am here to do what I must for my family; I am always there, and need be, I shall take my place.

I vowed I'd protect this family till my dying day. Till my dying breath...

I pray I can draw my strength from those I love...

I am an Elder... No... I'm Coven. I must carry on.

~The page ends suddenly, torn and burned away~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have the strength, Calleigh. I don't look up to the weak, and I've looked up to you since the day I started my apprenticeship. Don't confuse strong with alone, though. We're family, and what is a family for, if not to draw strength from? Just as you knew I had the strength to stand on my own, I know you have the strength to stand for all of us. Take heart, Cal, and remember your family.
~~Ryuu